People seek the assistance of a professional genealogist for a variety of reasons:
- To organize documents and photos
- To help solve a difficult research question
- To help complete a lineage society application
- To write or edit a genealogy manuscript
Like most professional genealogists, Skeleton Key Genealogy charges an hourly rate for research and other work. Skeleton Key Genealogy makes no guarantee about finding the information a client may seek, and cannot foresee the time it will take to prove relationships or uncover the information a client is seeking. It is important to remember that you are paying the genealogist for her time and expertise.
My fee is $30 per hour, minimum 10 hours.
- Copy costs range from .15 – $1.00 depending on the facility
- Research fees range from $5 – $10 depending on the facility
- Travel charges is ½ my hourly rate ($15 per hour) or call for negotiable rates
Lineage Papers (DAR, SAR, First Families of Pennsylvania) – $30 per hour, plus $10 for final application.
Deposit of $300 ($30 x 10 hours) required, to apply to number of hours you have requested. Further hours will be billed periodically at predetermined intervals. The client should set a maximum number of hours.
Please remember that with some custom research and record look-up investigations, there are some cases where my research may result in no documents being discovered.